- About Us
- Elite Camps
- Buy Online Drills
- Contact Us
- Joner Football APP
- Become a Member
A Licence Coach | individual & small group specialist
I first started out at a young age, kicking the ball since I was 2 years old
with my dad. My first ever team was a local side called ‘Flint & Bagillt Wanderers’
where my dad Terry was the manager. I had 2 years at Flint & Bagillt before
I was scouted by Everton FC at the age of 7. I spent 7 years at Everton FC Academy
and to this day I still remember the quality of players I played with and the high
standard of coaching I received. When I was 14 I then moved on to Wrexham AFC where
I spent 7 years of my career.
I was honoured to have played for my county from the age of 11 to 16 Flintshire School Boys,
which led me to represent my regional squad for 4 years, travelling and playing in Europe.
I was also extremely honoured to represent my country (wales) at the age of 16 and 17 and
also played and captained Cefn Druids in the highest league in wales.
My biggest experience was playing week in week out for Wrexham AFC who at the time were in league 1 in the English tier. At the age
of 16 and 17 I was vice captain of the youth team and also played regularly reserve team football. At the age of 18 I was honoured to captain Wrexham
Youths in the ever famous “youth cup” which was played at all the top grounds in England. One season we made 4th round and played Southhampton
at St Maries, Where I played against Gareth Bale and Adam Lallana.
I have worked with some truly amazing coaches throughout my career, Joey Jones who was the reserve coach at Wrexham and he is an ex Liverpool FC
player and wales International who has also won the champions league!
Steve Cooper and I spent 6 years together throughout my career. Through Steve, dedication and hard work he quickly became academy director at
Wrexham AFC an then later moved on to Liverpool FC Academy director and also managed the youth team. He then moved onto England under 16 national
team manager and is now currently manager of Swansea City. I learnt so much from Coops and use a lot of his knowledge within my coaching today. Along with Steve I was managed for 2 full seasons under Darren Ferguson (son of Sir Alex Ferguson) many lessons were learnt under his leadership that shaped both my playing and coaching career.
After playing in the highest league in Wales for 2 seasons, it was then I decided to travel to Australia for a different life, from there Joner Football was born.
"If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you!
I'm all about creating good habits.
I am out here to make a difference"
– At the age of 16 I completed my Leaders award Certificate with my local club Flint Town FC
– I also completed my UEFA C licence in 2008 as a Youth Player at Wrexham AFC.
– By the time I was 19 I had completed my UEFA B Licence.
– At 19 I became academy director of Rhyl FC Academy whereby I managed my coaching staff and also coached Rhyl FC under 14s and 11s. My tasks within this position was to drive the academy to its highest level, we had teams from under 8 right through to under 19 level. Rhyl FC Academy is still going better than ever and I would like to think I played a big part in growing the academy.
– I took my under 14s at Rhyl Academy to play in an International tournament in France (Hazebrook), within our first entrance to this tournament my under 14s went on to win. We cleaned up with all the trophies including best coach award for myself.
Rhyl FC still compete in this tournament today!
– I am also a qualified teacher where I taught and managed a project within Rhyl FC called ‘Strikers’. Whilst also being a coach within the academy, my full time job was working with the unemployed, ex offenders, ex drug & alcohol users and the disabled. My main goal was to help them gain or return back to work by using the power of football. I would help them with CV writing, interview skills and mainly confidence building. At the end of every lesson I used to take my class for a football session which was their favourite part of the day, this helped them build confidence and improve their fitness and lifestyle. This project helped me to build my management skills at such a young age, this helped shape my coaching methods.
– I have also coached at one of my former clubs Llandudno FC just before coming out to Australia. where I played a coach/player role.
– When moving to Australia I trialed for a few clubs, one which included A-League team Central Coast Mariners. things didn’t work out and that is when I really turned to coaching and decided to start Joner Football.
– I have experience coaching top elite players from the A-League, W League and elite players from around the world. I have also played against and with some top players in my career.
– I am so proud of how far Joner Football has come and have been blessed to work with some of the best talent this country has to offer. I have the best team around me and I feel like we have only just started. My ambition is to become a world recognised specialist coach and hopefully one day maybe work within a well recognised professional club.
“He was a valued member of the squad playing mainly as a forward but he is a versatile
player and was able to play in midfield or defence. The team was successful in winning
the North Wales and the national Tom Yeoman Shield for all association in Wales.
Lee played a great role in this success.”
Manager of Flintshire PSFA
“Lee can play either full back or centre half and is more than competent at all techniques relevant to play in these positions. Lee is an excellent passer of the ball, short or long. He is aggressive in the tackle, superb in the air and always gives 110%. In addition, Lee has always been punctual, reliable and a very well-liked member of the squad”
Steve Cooper – Swansea FC Manager
“Lee holds a UEFA B licence & A Licence which proved invaluable to our academy and community football. His sessions are organised and professional, the kids looked up to him and wanted to learn as he made the sessions fun. He had a very likeable personality; I have no doubt in saying he will be an asset to any club.”
General Manager of Llandudno FC
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT LEE